Application period: Oct. 27–Nov. 17, 2021
If you have not received a notification from us by December 31, 2021, you have not moved to the next stage of consideration.
Up to US$10K in funding is available for social ventures that are:
- 100% African-owned and -managed
- Working with underserved and at-risk communities
- All non-governmental sectors
- Venture must be African-owned and -managed, based in, and operating in Kenya, Uganda, or Senegal
- One application allowed per business that is no more than US$10,000
What we are looking for:
- Viability of the proposed business or social venture.
- Proven success, including the applicant’s related experience and ability to execute.
- Impact — the potential for impact and a demonstration of how the venture will improve and change underserved and at-risk communities in which the grants are implemented, especially displaced people, child soldiers, young women, youth, and any other locally marginalized groups.
- Unmet Need — The degree to which the venture addresses unmet needs of underserved and at-risk communities and/or market demand.
- Sustainability — How sustainable is the venture and/or organization? “Donor dependent” organizations will not be selected.
- For start-up organizations, your submission must document the steps, timeline, and projected date when your registration will be adjudicated
- For existing businesses/organizations, your submission must include the following information from your organization:
- Financial statements for the last 2 years, including tax clearance certificate from the last year
- Registration document
- Completed grant application form in English or French
- Submit all documents in one e-mail by November 17, 2021 to the e-mail address below with the subject USADF-Citi Foundation GRANT APPLICATION – Applicant Name.
- Uganda: [email protected]
- Kenya: [email protected]
- Senegal: [email protected]
The application has two parts. You must complete and submit both parts (the Microsoft Word document and the Excel financial document) for USADF to consider your application.